Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Box Office

Just for the record, my friend Dave, who'll be contributing a bit to this blog in the near future, emailed me this at 3:42 pm on Wednesday:

"3:10 to Yuma and Shoot 'Em Up are getting good reviews. I'll go with 3:10 to Yuma to win the Box Office battle this weekend with about $14-16 million."

Well, Box Office Mojo is estimating it at number one with $14.1 Million.

So let that put to rest any doubt about Dave's credibility. Personally, I sort of wondered if Shoot 'Em Up might replicate the success of 300, which made $27 million on a traditionally slow weekend in March with a similar all-violence ethos, but I guess people want there to be a little bit of a plot after all. It was a distant sixth with $5.45 mill.

So, let that raise doubts about my credibity.

No comments: