Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Trailer Report: The Kingdom, Hitman, Harold and Kumar 2

Hey, what did I do immediately after posting "Why I haven't seen Shoot 'Em Up yet"? Saw Shoot 'Em Up, of course. It was pretty hilariously ridiculous, it turns out. A review is kinda passe at this point, though, since it's been two weeks.

Instead, here are the trailers we saw in front of it:

The Kingdom


Remember, take your vacation in Saudi Arabia- where all cars have the potential to explode!

Uh, yeah. First of all, Trailer Voice Guy is annoying enough when he's just talking. It's even worse when he's reading things to me (mainly because I know how to read!). Also, I'm sure Saudi Arabia loves us for this one (Saudis: They kill women and children!). I love the carefully juxtaposed images of Muslims praying with random cars exploding- not xenophobic at all. Nope, not at all.

Hitman


This movie featuring no treble whatsoever! I'm not trying to knock Timothy Olyphant here, but seriously- did Vin Diesel have a scheduling conflict? Or is he all like "I'm a serious actor now, I was in a Sidney Lumet movie!" Because nobody saw Find Me Guilty. I checked.

Harold and Kumar 2

It's like they weren't sure what type of movie Shoot 'Em Up was, so they stuck two action movie trailers, and a couple of comedies: we got this short teaser and the trailer for Mr. Woodcock, which I'm not even going to take the trouble to embed. Because this blog is better than that.

As for this HK2, I liked the original, but you can only get so much "foreign people look different" humor on credit- eventually you have to earn that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Updating daily, my fucking ass.