Friday, October 19, 2007

Descisions, descisions

So as you may have noticed, I never made it to see Michael Clayton this whole week- that's how busy it's been.

So after most of September and early October, I find myself with a wonderful conundrum: so many movies to see, so little time (and limited means, for that matter).

Milwaukee's Landmark Theater branches finally got their prints of The Darjeeling Limited and Lust, Caution, so those are high on the list. And then there's the aforementioned Tony Gilroy legal thriller, and the brothers Affleck's effort, Gone Baby Gone.

Four movies, only one me. At least I know what I'm not seeing: Things We Lost in the Fire looks bland, 30 Days of Night involves Josh Hartnett, and Rendition isn't holding up under the critic's scalpel.

Here's the plan, I think- Darjeeling tonight at 9:30, and then possibly the two major releases (Clayton, Baby) on Sunday. Lust, Caution might have to wait until later in the week, as it only plays at 8:00 pm and is two hours and thirty nine minutes long- that's three hours plus with previews.

What will everybody else see this weekend? Who knows? Consensus seems to be that 30 Days of Night will top the charts with $20 million or so, but then nobody saw Why Did I Get Married? coming last week (including yours truly. I thought people liked fat-suits?).

No comments: